In a recently revealed assistance doc on its site, Apple has acknowledged an error that some users may acquire when they try out to use a scanner with a Mac in the Image Seize app, Preview application, or the Printers & Scanners area of Process Tastes.
When making an attempt to use a scanner with a Mac, Apple explained users might get an mistake message indicating they do not have permission to open the application, followed by the identify of the scanner driver. The information says to contact a laptop or computer or community administrator for help, or signifies that the Mac failed to open up a link to the system.
The error information starts off with: “You do not have authorization to open up the application.”
Influenced customers have shared issues about this difficulty throughout the Apple Aid Communities, Reddit, HP Assist Community, and elsewhere. The error message appears to be affecting buyers on multiple versions of macOS Massive Sur.
Apple reported this issue is expected to be settled in a foreseeable future software update, but no timeframe was specified. In the meantime, the assistance document offers step-by-stage instructions on how to briefly resolve the issue:
- Quit any apps that are open up.
- From the menu bar in the Finder, decide on Go > Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Picture Capture/Products, then push Return.
- In the window that opens, double-click on the app named in the mistake concept. It can be the name of your scanner driver. Nothing at all ought to happen when you open it.
- Shut the window and open up the application you have been utilizing to scan. A new scan must commence ordinarily. If you later pick out to scan from a distinctive app and get the exact same mistake, repeat these methods.
This posting will be current when Apple releases a macOS update with a long term take care of.